Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Are you passionate about the power of data to connect brands to the consumers who need them the most? Does working on a team of high-energy, collaborative and strategic thinkers who strive to improve health outcomes sound excellent to you? If so, consider Medicx.
We provide multichannel addressable media solutions to the leading health and pharmaceutical parent companies in the U. S. Our offices are fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environments where we see our coworkers as friends.
Responsible for the onboarding and evaluation of health care information pertaining to medical and prescription real world evidence-based data. Combines IT capabilities with healthcare knowledge to evaluate and write code in order to help onboard, maintain, clean, build, and enhance commonly used datasets. Also creates and maintains data dictionaries for such datasets. Acts as a liaison for data-related needs for product strategy/marketing, data reporting, data maintenance, and analytical teams. Makes recommendations based on findings to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers. Responsible for designing and implementing the systems and programming to analyze and report findings. This position requires a high level of expertise in both analyzing prescription, medical data and information systems.
This position is a heavy coding role and understanding of these technologies is critical. These include multiple database technologies such as MS SQL, SAS. These technologies will be used to develop complex data processes for operational reporting and in depth analysis for specific projects such as evaluating the success of healthcare addressable advertisement campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, build, and maintain databases for analytic teams
- Act as liaison between analytic teams and product strategy
- Create stored processes in SQL and SAS
- Create data dictionaries for commonly used datasets
- Potential development and testing of business intelligence user interfaces
- Maintaining data tables, validating data, documenting monthly/weekly processes, training team members on SQL, SAS, and data tables
- Work directly with VP of Business Operations, SVP of Product Strategy and VP of Performance Analytics
- Successfully complete project deliverables associated with all aspects of life cycle methodology including design, build, test, train and implementation
- Interact closely with internal customers to understand their needs and expectations
- Take initiative to identify process improvements and implement them when needed
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL OFFER
- 4+ years’ experience with SQL
- 2+ years’ experience with SAS
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik Suite, Alteryx preferred
- Experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Windows operating system environment
- Have the ability to work independently and in conjunction with coworkers of all levels
- Experience interpreting and defining business requirements for complex business problems
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and take initiative with limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
You can submit your cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being considered for this position.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.