Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Are you passionate about the power of data to connect brands to the consumers who need them the most? Does working on a team of high-energy, collaborative and strategic thinkers who strive to improve health outcomes sounds excellent to you? If so, consider Medicx.
We provide multichannel addressable media solutions to the leading health and pharmaceutical parent companies in the U. S. Our offices are fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environments where we see our coworkers as friends. Be a part of this fast-growing company. We want to see you make an impact on Medicx’s future!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that monthly financials are prepared in a timely manner.
- Support the Organization and the CFO to record transactions and prepare financial reports in compliance with GAAP
- Ensures that all vendor invoices are paid on time and that the accounting system accurately reflects the details and payment of all invoices
- Support and maintain a system of controls and segregation of duties over accounting transactions.
- Ensure that operating bank account is reconciled on a daily basis during the business week
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement functions, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, payroll, employee expense reports, cash flow, and tax compliance
- Manage the month-end close process for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances and deferred revenue to ensure an accurate and timely revenue close and ensure compliance under ASC 606
- Manage, coach, and mentor Staff Accountant
- Maintenance of chart of accounts and vendor master data
- Reporting and analysis of vendor spending, vendor accounts payable, etc
- Working with management to identify and track capital project spending
- Reconcile cash accounts and GL accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure quality control with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax fillings with outside accounting firm
- Ensure timely filing of local, and state reporting requirements to avoid penalties and interest.
- Prepare for monthly financial statement reviews with management team
- Develops and documents internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Understanding of the accounting process through a reconciled Trial Balance and Financial Statements.
- Provides support for internal and external audits as required.
- Contribute to our culture of being humble, hungry, and smart
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Substantial experience with accounting software including QuickBooks and NetSuite
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) required
- Technical Guidance knowledge / 606 knowledge
- Proficiency with customary Microsoft applications
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines handling multiple duties or projects at the same time
- Desire to be challenged, learn on the job, and make suggestions
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong result orientation, pro-activity and ownership
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
You can submit your cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being considered for this position.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.